Question
Posted by: sunny | 2011/02/15

should i or shouldnt i?

I started deating this really cool guy and we were having a great time but all of a sudden he started avoiding me and lying to get out of our dates.he would only want me around to do him favours and when i asked him if he had a pr4oblem with me or if he wanted to end the relationship he would tell me that he wants to be with me and im being to sensitive.i told him that i wouldnt be angry with him and that i would accept it if he wanted to call it quits.you cant force yourself to feel something you dont but i just felt like he was torturing me.anyway this continued and i oneday decided to leave him.i recently came into contact with him again and he wants us to give it another try.i do still have feelings for him but im a bit wary?should i take a chance or not?

Often, when the other person complains that you're being too sensitive, or "over-reacting" it means that you're being too accurate, and getting too close to recognizing that they're not quite what they pretend to be.
OK, so you left him. Now you've met him again and are wondering whether to give him another chance ? Why ? What has ACTUALLY changed, in him, in you or between you, to make it likely things would work out this time round ?
If you both sincerely want to make a proper go of things, maybe it'd be wise to see a couples counsellor to check out whether this is practical

2
Posted by: Been there | 2011/02/15

Sunny, i have been in the same situation, for me he did not say i was being sensitive but that i overanalyse things, the truth is he doesnt want the relationship but he just doesn''t have the guts to tell you, as much as it hurts the best you can do for yourself is leave him.

Reply to Been there