Question
Posted by: Honey | 2008/07/14

Q.

Should I or shouldn't I?

Am in such a sticky situation at the moment. Went to pick up my best friend at work on Saturday and met her colleague. Had a nice chat with him. Without me knowing, my friend gave my number to him and he sms'd me just now to ask whether I want to have coffee with him tonight and dinner and a movie on Friday night. I don't know what to do. I like him, he is really sweet and have two small children of his own (wife walked out on them 18 mnths ago). I want to see how this goes before telling him about my pregnancy, but will that be fair? I don't want to tell him too soon for fear he might be scard away (which will probably happen) and if I tell him should things get serious I might really hurt him. I don't even know if I'm doing the right thing going with him on Friday. What would you ladies have done?

18
user comments
Posted by: Ollie | 2008/07/14

Anon, go play on the highway. Honey, you know what I would do... ditch him & date his sister!! LOL

Reply to Ollie

I think you are teeling lies Last week you were still with your BF and discussing the dog think now you are after another man you disgust me.

Posted by: Honey | 2008/07/14

Dated for two years and found out I was pregnant just after we broke up. After fighting over dogs, being thorwn out of my house and served with court papers on Friday for an application for a forced termination I have nothing to say to him. Luckily my lawyer said he will get a serious tongue lashing from the magistrate for wasting the courts time and most likely ordered to start paying maintenance as soon as the child arrives.

I don't want to get involved with anyone too soon, but this is a very happy but also lonely time and sometimes wish I had someone special to share it with.

Reply to Honey
Posted by: tina | 2008/07/14

if u dont mind me asking wher is yo bby dady???

Reply to tina
Posted by: Julia | 2008/07/14

It sounds like you can love this guy. If u want him then do not tell him now, have him fall head over heals 4 u first, then u tell him. He will love u so much it wont scare him off. Good luck on your love life girl

Reply to Julia
Posted by: Honey | 2008/07/14

He doesn't know I am. And if he was looking for a way with me he defenitely wouldn't go through all the trouble he went through so far. He is a very sweet, normal guy that you won't look twice at, but he has a heart of gold from what I can see so far and I feel very relaxed with him. I think he is a little weary too as my friend says this is the first date he will be going on since his wife walked out and left him caring for the kids.

Reply to Honey
Posted by: Julia | 2008/07/14

I hope not but maybe this guy knows u r pregnant, thinks u might be easy and is looking for a way with you. Just my opinion.

Reply to Julia
Posted by: Funky | 2008/07/14

Some guys are attracted to pregnant woman - my fiance & I split up in my first trimester for two months (we got back together again) and I had guys hitting on me the whole time and asking me out I'd tell them strait that I was pregnant and they didn't care they still wanted to take me out on dates - I still refused though because I was still so hung up on my baby's daddy. Go for it, but only if you really like the guy and I think only tell him after the third date. but if you're not that into him then don't bother.

Reply to Funky
Posted by: nash | 2008/07/14

Honey i would say tell him. but not on the first date. if the coffe goes well tell him after that!! i would really if i were you. start this off honestly. i am sure he wont mind as he probably loves kids coz he has two. but you have to tell him before you sleep with him.

Reply to nash
Posted by: Son | 2008/07/14

Hi i did not mean that you should lie though. Maybe he already knows that you are pregnant and he doesnt care. But i think that third date disclosure idea is great. We dont ever tell everything about ourselves on a first or second date but by the third date you should have a fair indication of where things are leading

Reply to Son
Posted by: Son | 2008/07/14

Reply to Son
Posted by: Honey | 2008/07/14

Not at all MO, I completely understood the way you said it and it is very true.

Reply to Honey
Posted by: Honey | 2008/07/14

I love kids, was piggy-backing my friends LO when we met at her office. And if things do go further I don't think his kids will be a problem. I just can't help thinking that it might bother him as we go along and I get bigger. Maybe this won't even go anywhere but he clearly likes me very much.

Reply to Honey
Posted by: MO | 2008/07/14

Sorry, that might have sounded harsh and was not intended like that.

Reply to MO
Posted by: Honey | 2008/07/14

Wenbt to drop of designs at the factory this morning and he walked in just as I finished!! We ended having coffee anyway and it was really nice. Hehe, he even paid for the coffee saying a lady must never pay for something that tastes bad and then fixed my number plate on my car too

If I wasn't pregnant I still don't know what the best thing would be to do. He is really a sweet, very ordinary guy and hurting him would be horrible to me.

I thought to wait and see if this goes to a third date. Then tell him and see what happens after....

Reply to Honey
Posted by: MO | 2008/07/14

I think honesty is the best policy. If he is really into you then he will understand, I mean, he also has two children of his own. And if you are willing to accept his then maybe he will be willing to accept yours.

Good luck!

Reply to MO
Posted by: Son | 2008/07/14

Oh and see how coffee goes before you agree to the movie. Son mom to Emma (2) and Nina (3months)

Reply to Son
Posted by: Son | 2008/07/14

What would you have decided if you were not pregnant. I would base my decision on that and if you decide to go wait and see how it goes before you tell.

Reply to Son

Want to comment?