Question
Posted by: minkie | 2010/01/09

should i or not

hi.my boyfriend has been acting very odd. we went on a nice weekend away last saturday until tuesday.on wednesday he visited me but seemed like visiting me was a chore.didnt see eachother thursday cos he was already back at work that day and we normally see eachother fridays and weekends although we stay 5 minutes away from one another.so anyway he called me at noon to say he has 2 fetch his car after work from servicing and that he' d see me later but then called me again at 7pm 2 say he' s tired and he' d see me today.i was okay with that.this morning he send an sms saying he has to take his dad some place and that he would speak to me later.Its been hours and he has not called or anything.now this is all from a man who calls or sms' s me to say he wnt be coming or if he is late.i do the same.im thinking of leaving him as i hate playing games.but am i overeacting?

Maybe you are ober-reacting, but this can only be clarified by calm discussio between you. I think some people form unrealistic expectations of a real relationship, especially when cellphones and SMS etc are available, and expect almost continual contact and communication. To many people, that feels like smothering and over-control. A health relationship includes comfortable time apart.

2
Posted by: minkie | 2010/01/11

thanx doc.i took your advice and we spoke calmy.

Reply to minkie