Posted by: lenba | 2008-11-27

Should I or Not

I have lost weight before without going to gym by following a healthy diet which composed of all food groups. No I have picked up weight i have lost 4 kg' s in a month without going to gym but when i join the gym the weight came back . should i stop going to the gym until i reached my goal weight so that i won' t be depressed , as i don' t want to see to sight of gym .

No, don't wait before going to gym. You need both, but you're stuck in a very common mistake of getting too hung up on the number on the scale. That number is important, yes, but it's not the main goal you should be setting for yourself. That's because weight is a volatile measurement, and it does go up when you exercise, because you increase muscle mass. This is a good thing, and it will help you keep the weight off in the long run. That means that for long term success, you have to accept that you're going to gain weight now in order to lose weight in the future. But don't panic, the combination of exercise and diet is the right way to go about this.