Posted by: Helen | 2009-03-23

Should i listen to him or not?

For the past two weeks i have sent a message about my lost wedding rings, so after discussing it with hubby , i saw that he was ot interested in buying them he just said i should wait i ' ll find them but i lost hope aftrer searching for a long time, and because i used to wear them and feel empty without them, yesterday i told him to give me his card so that i buy the rings i will pay for them , he has R14000 buying power, so i see that he just did not want to buy themm for me, no w he says i should not do the buying alone, he has to accompany me to the shop, should i wait for him, or should i go and choose the rings since i' m the one going to pay for them .please advice

Maybe you could scout around and look at replacements on your own, then take him on an actual buying expedition, and have several you like, to show him. He might just then feel moved to buy them or at least share the expenses with you ? Do you know why he asked you to wait ? Maybe he can't afford a big expenditure right now ? I agree with the others that you should take your time, remembering that it was YOU who lost the rings he bought you, not him who lost them.
And as Leila suggests, look for something simple and modest. If the rings are to show off with, you may want high expenditure ; if they're supposed to be a symbol of love between you, they need only be simple

Posted by: Bill | 2009-03-24

Times are tough for everyone right now financially, give the guy a break! Just cause the money is available doesn' t mean it has to be spent, Why are women so materialistic lately? Your rings are symbolic, so why do women measure love by the value of the ring?Go buy a reasonably priced set of rings together and don' t pressure him!

Reply to Bill
Posted by: Lovely | 2009-03-23

Murphy' s Law - Go buy a new ring and your old one will pop up.

Reply to Lovely
Posted by: Mimi | 2009-03-23

I think you careless and demanding. Why were the rings off your finger in the first place, did you marry for the R14000 buying power?you sound like a gold digger here, where is your buying power? my word the nerve of it, R14000 buying power, yes his right to say wait for him, I think you are a spend thrift and his scared of what his going to have to pay for for life....a woman that couldnt take care off the most important thing HER WEDDING ring......make sure you get them blessed and get blessed.

Reply to Mimi
Posted by: Leila | 2009-03-23

This is so childish - so you lost your wedding rings - why go to the expense of R14000 for new ones when you didnt even cherish the ones you had. Go and get yourself a simple gold wedding band and proudly wear that!

Reply to Leila
Posted by: So what | 2009-03-23

This is just a tissue not an issue at all, you lost the rings so you and hubby are gonna go buy new ones together period. Don' t allow minor things like these to shake you up. There is people like me who have huge problems in our marriages so please just chill.

Reply to So what
Posted by: Really | 2009-03-23

Hey there,

You again,

Sweetpea, you lost the rings, you asked the hubby.... he offered to go shopping with you.... allow him the time to do this thing with you at his own pace.. remember... it is TWO rings you lost that he spent to buy for you for the both of you.... It' s not going to be pretty if you have to push him..

So what if he has R14 000 buying power.. ooohhhhhhhhhhh so the his is mine and mine is his is playing it' s role now huh!

Wait it out girl friend!

Reply to Really
Posted by: Soul | 2009-03-23

You should wait for him to accompany you. Don' t mess things up by going by yourself. You seem to like rocking the boat don' t push so much!

Reply to Soul
Posted by: Mandy | 2009-03-23

You are a very domineering and selfish person. You lost your rings. Hubby is prepared to buy another one. Stop pushing him. You' re lucky he is willing to replace them. If I was him I would' ve sent you to hell.

Reply to Mandy