Question
Posted by: nana | 2011/08/01

Should i just forget my mother exist

I think i have tried too hard to reach out to my mother and at times it feels like im not her child. Yesterday I went home and she asked to come with me and my kids to our house. So i took her and she asked that i buy her some wine as she wants to chill later. So i did, little did i know in the evening around 11h00pm she says she wants to go back to her house. My husband tried to calm her down but she went out of the house and started causing a scene. My hubby had to take her home about 102km. After this incident i think its time i let go of her and just go on without her in my life. She realy pissed me off and i dont even feel like i want to see her again ever.

I'm sure a mother deserves love and attention from us ; though I'm not certain whether wine to "chill later" ( i.e. not with you ) is essential. Making sych a scene when she suddenly decided she wanted to go home, sounds more like she'd had more than a little of the wine already ! She showed bad manners and inconsideration on this occasion. But is that a reason to ignore her from here on ? Can't it be discussed usefully with her ?

2
Posted by: Casey | 2011/08/01

No, don''t ever JUST forget your Mother, one day she will be gone and regret is the hardest thing to get over...just love her for who she is.

Reply to Casey