Posted by: D2D | 2008-10-30

Should I go or not

My wife after a two weeks of fighting decided to go see a psychologist behind my back. After a session they both came a conclusion that I was to blame for all the fighting. My wife stays in RBya and I in PTA, the week the fights started becuase she went on a weekend trip with mysteriuos girlfriends (not her true friends) and her phone was off 90%of the weekend -The only time I got her on her phone she got upset that I called when I was supposed to wait for her call. I also happen to know that she enquired about accomodation for two when there were supposingly three of them. When she went from Sat to late Sun without calliung, I called her friend to find about her where abouts-she got very angry as to why I would call her friend to find about where she is-should I consult the same psychologist who came to a conclusion that I' m the reason we are fighting. I have long admited and acepted, even though I don' t have proof that my wife is cheating on me

The psychologist was a fool if he/she decided to blame you without trying to hear your side of things. I would NOT consult that already biased psychologist ( mind you, I assume all you know of the psychologist's views is what your wife told you ) but insist on seeing a marriage counsellor TOGETHER

Posted by: Bee | 2008-10-30

A psychologist is NOT allowed to place blame on any one of the parties. They are supposed to stay objective! This psychologist does not sound very professional.

Sounds very dodgy - you need your wife to tell you the truth so you can decide what your future holds instore for you. You won' t be able to move on 100% if you don' t know the truth.

I always really struggle to understand why someone lies if they cheat on their partner. My word, you are in a marraige, obviously the person knows if something is not right. And if you cheat, why lie? Cause if you cheat, you are obviosuly unhappy in ceratin areas of the relationship and it needs to be discussed and solved! The person needs to know why you are unhappy so they can sort it out.

Good luck - its can' t be easy!

Reply to Bee