Question
Posted by: Annie | 2009/05/05

Should I go?

I had a cold and the past 3 weeks have severe sinus pain on the side of my nose and below my eyebrow. Should I really go to the dr or can I self medicate. If so, with what? Thanks in advance !

Dear Annie
If you have a fever or really thick yellow or green phlegm, please see your doctor for a prescription for antibiotics and maybe a short course of cortisone for the swelling. Otherwise you can try using Drixine to open up the sinus openings, and then rinsing with salt water ( 1/2 teaspoon of salt on a cup of boiled cooled down water) 3 times a day. Physiotherapy (Mistabron inhalations followed by ultrasound etc) also works wonders.