Question
Posted by: PGT | 2009-05-12

Should I drink vinegar?

I have a stomachache. That' s quite usual with me but two weeks ago all the pain disappeared and I had two perfect weeks. I was eating kamut cereal for breakfast and drinking coffee and maybe that was the trick. Now I don' t have any more cereal and went back to my wheat/rye bread and coffee habit and I have a LOT of pain right now. Does that mean my stomach doesn' t release enough acids to diggest bread or does it release too much acid? I need to know if I should drink a spoon of vinegar or drink something alcaline. Or what else could I do? This feels like I have a burn in my stomach. The whole stomach is hurting.
Thank you.

Dear PGT
It sounds as if you have a gastritis ( inflammation of the stomach lining) Avoid the coffee/smoking and any irritating foods like vinegar, tomato sauce, pepper, curry etc. Try Mucaine 10 ml's every 4-6 hours. If the pain persists you may need to get a prescription for anti-acids from your GP