Question
Posted by: Rosaline | 2009/11/16

Should i do a pregnancy test?

Hi Doc,

I am 21 and think i might be pregnant. My husband and I have had unprotected sex lately and i am not using any contraception. This month my period came a week to early and is very lite, normally my period lasts about 5 or 6 days and i have terrible pain and it is very heavy aswell. but this month it only lasted about 3 days it was light but had very servere pain. I had pain during ovulation aswell with i never had befor. I have increased acne and moodswings like nothing on earth. I also noticed last night that the veins in my legs are very dark and visible, it looked as if someone has drawn lines om me with a blue markerpen. I am also nausios but not that i throw up or anything. I dont know if its that i wish to be pregnant, now i am noticing every single diference in my body. I was very down the previous time i found out i wasnt pregnant, so thats why i' m not doing a home pregnancy test, i dont want to be dissapionted again. We are not trying for a baby, but if it happens it would be great.

Thank you.

Hallo Rosaline
All the symptoms you describe could be due to pregnancy or just hormonal imbalances so rather do a pregnancy test so that you know what is going on. If you are not pregnant, your doctor may need to check your thyroid hormone levels.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/16

Hallo Rosaline

Reply to cyberdoc