Question
Posted by: SR | 2010/08/19

Should i bother?

Hi. I am a 26 yr old woman. I have been seing a physio for the past 4 months for lower (initially) and then upper back pain. Physio said i have a slight spinal curvature and chronic muscle spasms. In these 4 months, my pain has increased and spread. I now have shoulder and neck muscle spasms which never go away, all over stiffness in the mornings, painful joints in my wrists and hands and tension headaches moving from right side of my head to the left (on a daily basis). Joint pain in my wrists increases in the evenings to the point that, after stuggling to prepare supper due to extreme tiredness, i cant even pack lunches due to wrist and hand pain. I struggle to find a sitting position i am comfortable and am restless if awake. I also have many stomach issues and have to be careful with milk and wheat. I normally have trouble sleeping (sleeping lightly, waking several times, nightmares) but for the past week, the evening fatigue has sent me off to bed early and I have slept deeply. The neck, arm, wrist and headaches have been getting worse the past few days -should i bother seeing a doctor? I doubt he will say anything beyond " stress"  or general fatigue. So, should i bother going to him or should i just go see a chiro?

Hi SR
I think you should see a rheumatologist - you may have fibromialgia or even an underlying autoimmune arthritis. I think you should have some blood tests and may need x/rays too.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/19

Hi SR