Question
Posted by: Jenn | 2010/02/03

Should I be worried

Hi doc

I' m 5 weeks pregnant now. I broke a tooth the other day and had it fixed now. Before beginning I told him that I' m pregnant and he said it is safe to do the filling which was done now.
I have a huge fear of dentists because of childhood experiences with braces and wisdomtooth being removed that I haven' t been to a dentist since 2001.
My concern now is that while he was busy my heart was racing and my hands got sweaty and I' m still shaky after an hour. I scared that this stress will have an effect on the baby? I' m trying to calm myself but it is going slowly. I didn' t think it will be this bad. I thought I would have gotten over the fear by now. Should I be concerned?

It should not affect the baby.

1

It should not affect the baby.