Question
Posted by: Boerboel owner | 2008/10/02

Should I be worried

My 3month old male boerboel puppy is forever sleeping which I guess is not too bad but at that age I expect it to be full of energy and playful is his " calmness"  normal

Dear Boerboel owner

Should have a few playfull stages during the day.

2
Posted by: Mandi | 2008/10/03

Enjoy the calmness before the storm... :)

Reply to Mandi
Posted by: Chill | 2008/10/02

Yes, his ' calmness'  is not only absolutely normal, it is in fact essential for proper growth and development.

A three-month pup is still very much a baby, and will probably sleep around 20 hours out of every 24 - roughly. Let them set the pace - don' t constantly be waking him up - he needs his rest.

Obviously this presupposes that he is otherwise healthy, and that he' s getting good quality nutrition. But, if he' s now 3 months, he' ll be going for a booster vacinnation soon - your vet should give him the once-over, and will let you know if he' s developing normally.

Reply to Chill