Posted by: scared | 2009-08-13

Should I be tested for swine flu

Two days ago I suddenly developed a sore scratchy throat with a cough. I have not been sneezing much and my nose has not been very runny (no more than usual). The doctor said my sore throat was the result of post nasal drip. This morning my legs felt shaky and now the rest of me feels shaky. I also feel slightly nauseous (but think that might be due to worrying about H1N1) I had a bit of a headache off and on. Have not been vomitting or had diarrhea although it feels like I might get diarrhea. My mouth feels very dry. My temperature this morning was 36.1 and I feel cold, although the weather is a lot chillier this morning than yesterday. I have stayed at home today and am taking vicks acta plus, flusin, rubbing vicks on my chest and using an inhaler as I sometimes develop athsmatic symptoms when I ge flu.
I think I am being paranoid about swine flu and that some of my symptoms may be psychological due to the fear of contracting swine flu, but I want to know if I need to get tested. Please advise asap.

Dear Scared
No I don't think you need to be tested - swine flu will give a temperature of higher than 38 degrees

Posted by: Cornel | 2009-08-13

With swine flu you' ll have a high fever (> 38) so you might just have the common flu or sinusitis. Doctor will be able to give assistance with regards to OTC medication.

Hope you get well soon.

Reply to Cornel