Posted by: amy | 2009-02-05

should I be concerned

hi there. I just found out that I am pregnant. I am currently overseas for a few months, I did see a gynae, they did an ultrasound but not an internal one. According to him he says it liiks like I am 7 weeks, but we just saw a sac and no heartbeat. He says that could be beacuse I may be a bit earlier than 7 weeks, I cant remember the last time that I had my period, I think it was in Nov last year, I am very irregular and dont get my period some months. Should I be concerned that I did not see a hearbeat, I thought that you could from 5 weeks. He says i should go back in 2 weeks, Im just a bit worried.

If your periods are irregular, you may be earlier than you think. See what the scan shows in 2 weeks. You will not see a heartbeat at 5 weeks with an external scan.