Question
Posted by: LI | 2008/10/07

Should i be concerned?

Hi there,

On sunday i woke up feeling very nausea' s, as the day went on i had no appetite was dog tired and my joints were aching. Yesterday, i had some stomach cramps, was still tired and when i got home after work the diarrhoea started. This morning i woke up, still with diarrhoea, now vomiting and have a headache. It could be a bug, but do you think i should be concerned that i could be anything to do with the virus thats in the news?

Hallo Li
Unless you had direct contact with the patient or anyone that worked directly with the patient, you don't have to worry. These infections are transmitted by contact with bodily fluids like blood, saliva, urine and stool. However, I think you should see your doctor for treatment as this sounds like a viral infection you have and you may need medication to prevent dehydration and to stop the vomiting and diarrhoea.