Question
Posted by: Sanchia | 2008/06/12

Should i ask for less work

Good day, I am 31 weeks pregnant and feel that i do not need the work stress that i am currently experiencing. I am not having an easy pregnancy and the doctor adviced that i should take it easy at work. There is a new project that has just started and I feel i am struggling to cope which results with more overtime. Can i ask for relief, or less work?i am going on martenity leave in 6 weeks and days are getting harder by the day.Please advice, thank you

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

You can take leave earlier than the norm if there is a sound medical reason. Discuss this with you doctor and HR - how it effects your Total maternity leave, as there will be some pay back. Could utilise other leave?