Posted by: Coral | 2012-02-09

Shoudl I be the least

My boyfriend and I are in a relationship. Most times things are good but at times he gets moody and then he takes it out on me. Doesn’ t matter what I say to make it right, he will continue to ignore me and see it his way, no explanation and no sorry. This results that the two of us don’ t speak. Usually a very simple thing that is blown up. When I tell my dad my boyfriend is in a bad mood because of XYZ he always says ''just be the least'' and then I get so mad. Do you really think this is the best approach, what am I really going to acheive?

If he ets mody and akes i out on yu, why should YOU have to try to make it right ? If he pouts and ignores you, then ignore that. Its really not dreadful if the 2 of you dont speak --- take time to cool off. He may be over-reacting to litle things, aand ou may be over-reacting to his over-reaction. He sounds a bit immature and if he can't after a bit of calm time, recognize the situation, and that its his task to make it right -- is he really the right guy for you ? If you both want to make things work but find it hard consider couples counselling. At least then, even if you eventually decide to end the relationship, you could have learned more about how mpople work

Posted by: Maria | 2012-02-09

It sounds as if you and your boyfriend at different levels of emotional maturity. Do you see a long term future with someone who cannot talk things through like an adult and apologise when necessary? As for your father''s advice: ignore.

Reply to Maria