Question
Posted by: Mrs. L | 2012-03-08

Shoud I?

Hi Prof,
I went through a very difficult marriage with a true sosiopath. Name it, he''s done it. From lying, fraud, violent behaviour (which I know isn''t very common with sosiopaths), emotional abuse etc, he''s done it all and I have survived it all. I went to a therapist on recommendation of the magistrate who heard our divorce and the therapist think it would be a good idea for me to write a book about my experiences. Do you think it''s a good idea? I have written childrens books before, but never even thought of attempting something like this. I would really like your opinion on this?

I presume you're being sarcastic when you refer to violent behaviour as (not) "very common among sociopaths.
I think that the value of writing a book about one's personal experiences of life with a psychopath, or of abuse, etc., are enormously exaggerated, and there are already hundreds or even thousands of such books published, and no more are urgently needed. Writing a book privately for your own purposes, as an exercise to help you remember and exorcise the events, might sometimes be of value. But commercially, its a no-go ; once upon a time such acounts were rare and did get an audience and customers, but now they're a cliche and don't sell.

2
Posted by: Obvious | 2012-03-08

As your therapist thinks its a good idea why not?
As for asking for opinions as to wether you should its a bit like asking us what you should eat for supper. You may get interesting opinions but they are not really relevant..........

lt doesnt really sound like a money spinner (l woundnt be interested in reading it but some might)but if you want to why not

Reply to Obvious