Question
Posted by: chantelle | 2010/12/07

shortness of breath and jaw biting

my dad is waking up at night with his jaw clinched together sore and num, the last 2-3 weeks i have realised that some times he will be out of breath for no reason he is 46 years old and overwieght we do have people in the family who died of strokes. he does not whant to go to a docter... what should I do

Hallo Chantelle
The jaw clenching could be a sign of underlying stress. Being out of breath could be a sign of heart failure or a lung disease and he should see a doctor for a general check up as heart test (ECG) or lung function tests may be needed. There is not much you can do except to ask him to look after his health for your sake as you don't want him to become seriously ill at such a young age.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/07

Hallo Chantelle
dr Bets