Question

Shortness of Breath

I am 40 yrs old stoped smoking 2 years ago after which I started a strict exervise regime 3 to 4 times a week under the supervision of a Biokineticist.
I am also been treated with Glucophase 1000mg twice a day for insulin resistance.

Early in March I started feeling really tired and also experience periods of extreme shortness of breath. I thought it was allergies that I normally experience twice a year usually accompanied by change in the seasons.
6 Apr I saw GP who did a thorought examination including a lung function to see if I was suffering from Ashtma. He could not explain this shortness of breath. Frustrated and irritated I started going to the Gym again hoping to get rid of this but noted experience of shortness of breath and longer recovery time during exercise. I did some research and I think it could be response to some type or irritant in the air or perhaps related to Thalassemia Minor I was informed of this genetic condition a many years ago.
I am really frustrated and I am not sure if I should go to a Pulmologist or what to do next. .

Expert ImageArchive

There a many causes of shortness of breath, some more serious than others. I therefore agree that a proper diagnosis needs to be made and a pulmonologist would be an excellent idea.

Good luck.

Kevin