Question
Posted by: KT | 2011/08/08

Shorter cycle and trying to conceive

I''m 40 and trying for a baby for the first time. I''ve been off contraception since May. The first cycle afterwards was 28 days, then 26 and here we are now at 19 days. What''s up? My doc said to give it at least 6 months of trying to conceive before coming back to him so its only been three, but the shorter ever-changing cycle makes it difficult to determine when ovulation is taking place. Is this my body adapting to life without contraception? Is it perimenopause?

It could be your body adapting to being off the Pill or it could be perimenopause. Maybe go back to your doctor a bit earlier.

2
Posted by: Munchy | 2011/08/19

hi,
i understand your concerns, i also have the same problem, mine are between 25-31 days. I have been trying for 6months now and will be seeing my gynae.

all the best and will let you know how i went.

Reply to Munchy