Question
Posted by: Laydee | 2009/03/10

Short term memory

Please help. I am a 32 year old woman suffering from short term memory. I tend to wake up every second hour of the night and in the morning I always wake up still exhausted. What surprises me is that even on weekends I will always make sure that i wake by 6am even though i still feel tired. You can tell me something now and if i dont act immediately, i then forget it within 30 minutes. I put my private stuff where only i know and can never find them again. I have misplaced a lot of money due to this and this forgetfullness is affecting my work. I just got a job after being home for a while and it needs a lot of thinking. I enjoy it a lot but i am afraid i will lose it. I do write things down sometimes when given tasks but it is so embarassing. I always have to write things down and keep them where i can see them in order for me to remember and it still makes me look like they cannot rely on me. Please help!!!

Presmably suffering from short term memory problems of some sort. The first essential step is to see a psychologist and/or neurologist, for a proper assessment, as one can only plan suitable treatment or management once one is more sure of the cause of the problem. You are alsodescribing sleeping problems. If you are remmbering things for some 30 minutes, it's not exactly a typical problem with short-term memory. Often he problem is due to being anxious, stressed and distracted, so that things don't get put into memory, thus not making them available to be retrieved later.

1
Posted by: Laydee | 2009/03/10

Reply to Laydee