Question
Posted by: NX | 2009-08-03

Short temperdness

Dear CS.

I have searched in the archives for a sufficient answer but would rather ask the question myself. I have been having problems with my temper for quite a while now. I snap at almost anything and get angry at the simplest things. I constantly feel like fighting with someone. I had my baby 19 weeks ago and would like to know if this could be postparum depression? I am also irritable and feel that I can' t control what' s going on in my life!

Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

OK, the first thing in your favour is that you recognize that you DO have a problem with a short temper --- without that, of course, nothing would help. This ould indeed be part of postpartum Depression, and complicated by factors such as you mention. But the best first step would be to see a good local shrink for a comprhensive assessment, and a discussion of treatment options based on that.