Posted by: Worried... | 2009-07-01

Short Period

Hi there. I' m 19 years old. I had in the past trouble with my period. It was very inconsisitant. I started on Nordette the last 2 months, and been taking it everyday at the same time, never missed one pill. Now I am getting married in less than a month. I am VERY stressed, and I have a problem with my thyroid. The last period I had was on time, but it lasted only 2 days. It was normal color as always. And the next one is due next week monday or tuesday. What I want to know, can the stress cause my period to be shorter or even go away? Can it be the thyroid problem? Should I worry a lot?

It is most likely the Nordette which is making your period shorter and lighter. This is a normal side effect.