Posted by: SR | 2010-10-15

Short excercises

I just want to find out - if you have say 20 - 30 min to excercise, which is better - doing cardio like running or cycling or to do toning excercises (like lunges, squats) etc.
I know you should be doing some of both, but if you had to pick one.
The goal is to burn a bit of fat and tone up, not to really loose weight though.

Cardio is better, it burns more calories per minute than weight training. That's not to say that weight training is irrelevant, but if you're after weight loss, the cardio burns energy. Fat is a source of energy, and so provided your diet is good, then you're on the right track.

Toning requires weight training, so you actually have 2 goals. Therefore, strictly speaking, you should be doing both types of training. But in order of your listed priorities, weight training is the way to go.

Posted by: PVS | 2010-10-29

Well if you up to it you can do High intensity interville training for only 20 min a day. Thats if you up to it, it will completly deplete your energy system and take everything out of you. Like millitary training (not in sa of course haha) but you have to complete it you can not go halfway through and then stop. Try this on the cycle.
warm up 2 min on level 2 3rd min go to level 3
4 min - lvl 5
5 min - lvl 6
6 min - lvl 7
7 min - lvl 5
8 min - lvl 6
9 min - lvl 7
10 min - lvl 8
11 min - lvl 6
12 min - lvl 7
13 min - lvl 8
14 min - lvl 9
15 min - lvl 7
16 min - lvl 8
17 min - lvl 9
18 min - lvl 9
19 min - lvl 10
20 min - lvl 10
21 min - 25 min cool down level 1,2 or 3
26 min try and walk to your car. let me know how it went.
Good luck. ( you will need it)

Reply to PVS