Posted by: MamaChalla | 2009-03-04

Shopping and eating when stressed!

Is there some " sickness"  where you shop and eat to give outing to your emotions.

My husband and I have issues we are struggling to short out. His father passed away and I am very stressed. We are not ' clicking'  anymore and then I shop and eat to feel better?

Please help!

Its not any sickness at all. When humans are stressed, they tend to do things that make them fel more comfortable --- some get drunk, or they eat something nice, or shop, or go jogging. Some of these options are much healthier than others ! Now, eating and shopping are expensive ; depending on what you eat, they may not be healthy ; and they don't provide really useful relief, or you wouldn't need to do them again. Cheaper in the long run ( even the short run, depending on how you shop !) would be to see a personal counsellor, and consider seeing a marriage counsellor, and actually sort out the issues and solve the problems, rather than evading them