Posted by: Hate Myself | 2009-03-30

Shopaholic, losing everything dear to me

I now I have a problem, I can not control myself I have to be buying things even if I dont use it. I have two daughters that I love with all my heart and I am so assamed that I have let them down. I have commited fraud and was fired. I used all the money i took to buy my familes love and acceptance. After they found out what i had done they want nothing to do with me. I have always felt as if i did not belong (I was a abused child). Divorsed twice, first husband left me when my daughter was 2 months, second husband used to beat me up. This is when I started my spending spree' s and started taking money to surport my problem. I know i have many issues and need for you to refer me to someone that can help me. I also know that what I have done is so wrong, but I can not loose my girls, I will not be able to live without them. Please help

You CAN control yourself and your behaviour, you just haven't started effectively doing so yet. You know that your' family's love and acceptance can't be bought and doesn't need to be bought --- but it can again be regained, earned, by stopping this unhelpful habit. You experiences of abuse, as a child and as a spouse, may have been discouraging, but need not stop you from getting this right --- you need proper help from a CBT-oriented psychologist or counsellor. As you've had legal problems, maybe NICRO could help you ?