Question
Posted by: Vivienne | 2010/02/01

Shooting pain down hip and side of leg

For a number of months I have been getting a shooting pain in my right hip that travels down my leg. It has been intermittent and only lasted a few seconds, but on Saturday I had at least 5 episodes that lasted about 30 seconds an was absolutel excrutiating. The aid originates in the hip area, maybe a little towards he buttock and travels down the outside of the leg. Who should I see to get this sorted out.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

There seems to be some pressure or irritation on the Sciatic nerve - this originates in the lower spine and a chiropractor should be able to help provided you don't let the problem go too far.