Posted by: Thuli | 2011-08-01

shoe polish on face

Hi, I would like to find out if shoe polish can be used as makeup, applied on the face as foundation or base. I met a lady yesterday who uses the light brown polish and said she has used it for years. I must admit her facial skin looks great but wondering how long it would stay looking that Good. Please advice.

Shoe polish was not developed to use as foundation and if you use it on your face, you will do so at own risk.

Posted by: Porjac | 2016-08-13

I have used light brown for years and have removed my scars on my face (yellow bone). I will recommend protecting your skin from the sun as well. Its better to use nugget instead of kiwi. Kiwi dries your skin and to some skin types its will make them oily. In African cultures, in winter we used to use polished (homemade one for our skin) so why not!!!! I have also mixed the polish with my body lotion as well, to be honest I will recommend it. Better than those tissue oils. Also use the herbal teas like skin teas (chines tea) to help inside instead of concentrating on the outside only.

Reply to Porjac
Posted by: Rosie | 2016-08-10

I have tried this kiwi light brown polish on my face... people this is not good at all this thing burns the skin iyoooh I'm never gonna use it again. I'm will simply stick to my ponds

Reply to Rosie

Can a light brown shoe polish removes black scars

Posted by: Lucia | 2016-05-08

I use it and it works wonders. kiwi light brown

Reply to Lucia
Posted by: lolo | 2016-04-18

Nugget or kiwi?

Reply to lolo

Nugget or kiwi?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Porjac | 2016-08-13

Posted by: belinda | 2016-02-18

How does it take for ur face to actually change complection

Reply to belinda
Posted by: Bubbles | 2015-12-27

I tried a lot of expensive facial creams and nothing works wonders like light brown polish I love it though it's embrassing to carry it around and the smell of polish is not ideal. other than that I will recommend it

Reply to Bubbles
Posted by: jeanett | 2015-12-26

light brown polish is dangerous it causes Skin cancer if u apply it and u in contact with the sun know ur skin is in danger

Reply to jeanett
Posted by: tess | 2015-10-22

Wow m gonna try it, lol yellow bones r on 'fashion these days' ,infact m gonna try to my thighs n also to c if it can do something.. Dankie

Reply to tess

Like if i try it today how long will it take for me to have clear skin

Posted by: yamkela pricillor pinkky | 2015-07-16

um like Mshoza gyz light brown is the good thing to my life what a skin

Reply to yamkela pricillor pinkky

even my self gyz um using light browm mhhhh i gained a completion wow what a skin what a skin i was like to have in my life um like Mshoza

Hi, i had toothache someone came with a remedy and apply nugget on a paper fold it put on my face (where pain is) with a cloth, after a while my face started to burn i removed the paper little did i know it left a burnt mark. I also had a fever. Why did it leave a burnt mark and how do i get it vanished?

Posted by: Khosi | 2015-04-30

i think i will try light brown mara they say it dries skin and hard to remove moso

Reply to Khosi
Posted by: Pocahontas | 2014-11-27

I gather everyone says that they met a lady using polish on her face, my best friend is african home language isixhosa she is originally from kimberly, she uses light brown and I tend to do what she does and other way around. I am indian and I use light brown. I have no complaints it stops black heads and white heads even spots, and lightens your skin colour, and it doesn't make you smell like polish.

Reply to Pocahontas
Posted by: tumi | 2014-11-09

can a light brown shoe polish remove dark spots?

Reply to tumi
Posted by: khanyi | 2014-07-09

And how long have you used the shoe polish on your face

Reply to khanyi | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: nomntu mahobe | 2015-07-16

4 weeks nhanha u r going to be a very smart yellow bone

Posted by: princess | 2014-06-05

i have used light brown polish for a long time now.....i have gained complection and its treating me good so far

Reply to princess
Posted by: nokwanda | 2014-03-15

what is the danger of using shoe polish as a face cream???????

Reply to nokwanda | 1 comment (hide)

nothing dangerous sweethurt