Posted by: Frank | 2011-02-07

Last Friday I went home early and found my daughter (16) and my son (14) naked in her room, they are not aware that I saw them. Im very shocked about this and dont know what to do, please help.

There are many possibilities for the scene that you witnessed and the one that is the most calming for you is that they were looking at each others bodies.

The other possibilities which are flashing through your mind are also a reality. If you are comfortable talking to them then you should approach them with an open mind and agenda.

If you accuse them upfront of some behaviour then they might give you lies. YOU could seek professsional help and allow the interview to be done by a professional if you are uncomfortable

If they are comfortable with your your partner then that might also be an option as she would be better able to get to the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Posted by: peter | 2011-02-15

they must be step sister and brother, so now it make sense

Reply to peter
Posted by: Woman | 2011-02-07

Why don't you take them out for coffee, and have a chat with them seperately? Say to them, i know this will be so embarrassing for you guys, but I saw you both naked in the room, &  I just wanted to clear the air.

I'd love to know what's going on with you guys. And then just have a little chat about the dangers and the wrongness of incest.

Maybe they were just trying on each others clothes. Maybe it was hot and they were just cooling down.

Maybe it was something more dangerous, like incest, and they need to know that, if they're engaging in sexual acts together it is frowned on by society because of the dangers to any offspring.

Keep calm, breathe and don't let them see how much it bothers and embarrasses you to have this conversation. Teens never think further than their noses.

If they are doing something untoward, you need to get to the root of it &  give them proper assistance should they need it.

This is an unenviable situation, I hope you are able to resolve it!

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Chris | 2011-02-07

Hi Woman, we are liberal, they know about the birds and bees, i dont know what they were doing.

Reply to Chris
Posted by: Woman | 2011-02-07

Were they naked or had they been doing something? Are you a conservative family or a liberal one(where sex and nudity is talked about freely and openly)? Just trying to see the context here.

Reply to Woman