Question
Posted by: Chantelle | 2008/10/11

Shock treatment

Thank you for answering (post about shock treatment, 05/10/2008). I' d love to know myself. The only other option would be to contact the hospital. It' s a very well-known hospital (I' d rather not name them), with a good reputation. A friend went there for his heroin addiction. I' d really like to know what they were doing. I could' ve lost my mom and would' ve grown up somewhere either with family or being adopted, as my dad died of a heart attack a few years later (caused apparently by his very high cholesterol and the damage done by his addiction). It' s just shocking that there were doctors (and still are) that just won' t care about their patients but only care about money they can make. Must' ve been a cowboy or 2 working at that hospital! Hopefully they didn' t do it to more people. Have a good day.

Sigh. Yes, there are cowboys in every profession or occupation, and in some settings they thrive. There are even worse abuses, in those who give the dangerous and uselsss "Sleep Therapy", who ought to be automatically struck of the register, and those who abuse the use of intravenous sedatives or "Narcotherapy", another largely quack intervention. At least there do seem to be some safe and potentially useful uses of ACT, there are None whatsoever for "Sleep Therapy" or "Narcotheraopy" --- if anyone seriously proposes ther of those to you folks, stand up and run, don't walk, out of their offices.