Question
Posted by: Hope* | 2009-03-24

Shock Therapy

Good Morning CS. Could you tell me please. If one is drug resistant. Would shock therapy be advisable. What is your opinion please. Many thanks, Hope*

At a distance, I can't say what would be adviseable. Shock therapy should be considered as an option IF a depression has been properly treated with a range of antidepressants, properly used, in the right doses and for the right time of trying them ; and if other adjuvants used in treatment-resistant depression have been tried by a competent specialis shrink. Some people have a range of objections to ECT, some people testify that they have been greatly helped by it. It should be given, if eventually chosen, by people experienced in doing so, and carefully asssessed