advertisement
Question
Posted by: Susan | 2010/10/26

Shock

Hi Doc
I travelled to JHB recently in a group and out of everybody, I was the only one to " shock"  everytime I touched something metal, e.g. spoon, door handle, chair etc. Why is this and what can I do to prevent it as it is quite embarrasing and annoying!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Susan
It often has to do with the kind of shoes you wear - synthetic soles tend to build up static electricity especially if you walk over synthetic carpets.
dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

1
Our users say:
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/26

Hallo Susan
It often has to do with the kind of shoes you wear - synthetic soles tend to build up static electricity especially if you walk over synthetic carpets.
dr Bets

Reply to Cyberdoc

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement