Posted by: Bob' s | 2009-02-05

shitty increases?

We got shitty bonusses because my boss said he had so many expenses. Doing the books I know the state of the company and just kept quiet. He is now spending money on shit in my opinion and i know come april he' s going to say but he had to build a brand new showroom (we' ve never had one the reception area was fine for 38 years) and and and then justify giving us a shit increase - what do I do ?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Unfortunately there is no right to an increase only an expectation.

Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-14

Is an increase not a companies way of keeping up with inflation. I got no increase 2 year in a row and they couldn' t give two shits about how times have changed.

Posted by: Me too | 2009-02-05

Been there, seen it all, heard all the excuses. In 2000 we got increases - rather poor. Then 4 the next 4 yrs nothing. The boss said that due 2 " adverse economic conditions"  he could not give increases. However in those same economic conditions he built himself a multi million rand beach house. Then last year we received very sh-t increases " due to adverse ecnomic conditions"  but the bosses certainly don' t tighten their belts. Many feel nothing 4 staff while they live the life of luxury. Disgusting as it may be it is unfortunately a fact of life 4 many South Africans. Welcome 2 the club.

Reply to Me too