Question
Posted by: Sans | 2009-09-02

SHIP treatment

I am reffering to post 3998, where you mentioned " But avoid psychoanalytic or other wishy washy " therapists:"  like the plague" .
Is SHIP treatment also psychoanalytical?
Tx

I have encountered some heavy marketing of "SHIP" therapy within SA, bu t haven't seen a shred of good evidence ( rather than mere claims ) that it is effective at all. Sadly, some folks invest heavily in marketing claims for a marketable "therapy" rather than gathering convincing evidence that the claims made for it are effective. Personally, I wouldn't offer SHIP to my cat.