Question
Posted by: me | 2012-02-21

shingles twice in a row

Hi Doc,is it possible for a person to have shingles 1 year apart?my friend had shingles last year and now its painful were they appeared is that possible? are they re occuring? how do you stop them?

Shingles is a life-long disease and can appear after disease or illness or while under a lot of stress. The virus is dormant in the spinal cord and appear as a painful rash. Shingles can be treated with Famciclovir tablets and she will have to consult her doctor for an examination and treatment, as chronic pain in the area of a previous infection is treated differently.

Refer to the following link for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingles