Question
Posted by: Chicky | 2010/07/22

Shingles pain relief

I developed severe trijeminal shingles about 2 weeks ago. I still have sores on my face and my eye is still very swollen but the pain is so excruciating.

I was taking Tramal and Lyrica for the pain but they were not working so well and they just seem to knock me out. At present I am alternating between Myprodols and Synap Forte. Is there anything else that I can take for pain that will last longer? The pain is so bad that I am only able to sleep 4 hours a night. Any advise would be welcome.

Hallo Chicky
This is a very painful condition. Other medications they can try are Tryptanol or Gabapentin if the Lyrica does not help. It is a nerve pain so normal pain medication is not very effective. On the healed areas you can try Sloan's liniment.
See also http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/postherpetic-neuralgia/DS00277/DSECTION=treatments%2Dand%2Ddrugs

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/22

Hallo Chicky