Question
Posted by: Chicky | 2010/07/20

Shingles - Pain

I developed severe trijeminal shingles about 2 weeks ago. I still have sores on my face and my eye is still very swollen but the pain is so excruciating. I was taking Tramal and Lyrica for the pain but they were not working so well and they just seem to knock me out. At present I am alternating between Myprodols and Synap Forte. Is there anything else that I can take for pain that will last longer? The pain is so bad that I am only able to sleep 4 hours a night. Any advise would be welcome.

Hallo Chicky
Ask your doctor to try Trepilene in combination with your pain pills if the lyrica does not work - take in the evening before going to bed. If the sores are healed, you can try Sloan's liniment on the area. See also
www.mayoclinic.com/health/postherpetic-neuralgia/DS00277

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/20

Hallo Chicky