Shingles (herpes zoster)

my boyfreind has shingels, but i never had chicken pocks or shingels, should i be worried?

Dear Anonymous
You can get chickenpox from his shingles. Avoid touching the lesions, as it is the watery fluid inside that contains the virus. As soon as the lesions are dry, it is less infectious.
You should consider getting the chickenpox vaccine.

Posted by: Philip | 2009-05-13

You cannot catch shingles, but can catch chicken pox. The seriousness probably depends on your age: adults tend to react badly to chicken pox. However, I would not say you should be " worried" . Just be look out the symptoms of chicken pox over the next few days.

Reply to Philip