Question
Posted by: TC | 2008-11-03

Shingles - Grandfater 83

My grandfather is now 83. About 3 years ago he suffered from a perfirrated intestine. How he servided the whole process nobody knows. He has been very frail since then and developed shingles a about a year ago, which he has not been able to get rid of and it has damaged his ear drum (kinda of like chewed it away). I know hear last night that he is struggling to get solids down and he has asked for our liquidiser so that he can swallow foods. Do you think it is the shingles is attaching his throat now.

I know that is a difficult question to answer but I would appricate your advise as getting him to a doctor is going to be very difficult. (He is not in a home he is staying with my aunt currently).

Dear TC
He could have other causes of irritation in the esophagus like candida infection, throat cancer or a viral infection. I really think he needs to see a doctor