Question
Posted by: Thandi | 2010/01/21

Shingles and Headaches

I had a rush on the rightside of my face and the Dr. said it was shingles. Gave me tratment,m injections and oitments to apply, however I had this terrible headach, it felt like there was a bug moving from the front of my head to the back. I had to be hospitalised. Was it the side effects of shingle. Can I get it again? How can I prevent it?

Hallo Thandi
Yes it was due to the shingles, as the virus affects the nerves in the affected area. You can get it again, especially if you have low immunity like someone getting cancer treatment, using cortisone as chronic treatment or if you have low white cell count or HIV. Older people are also very prone to get it. There is a shingles vaccine available that one can take.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/21

Hallo Thandi

Reply to cyberdoc