Question
Posted by: ella | 2012/09/25

shingles

Hi Doc I visited my GP with intense pain in the back. He diagnosed back ache and gave me Norflex. To cut a long story short, he eventually diagnosed shingles, but was too late to treat, turned into therpetic neuralgia. This was a month ago. The pain went from front to back and now I am still experiencing constant pain, not too bad, in the front. Will this eventually goaway?

Ella

Neuralgic pain due to shingles/zoster can take a long time to subside spontaneously. Your doctor should prescribe medication, like Trepiline and Tegretol to alleviate the neuralgic pain. These drugs are safe and very effective and can be used until you are pain free.