Question
Posted by: Cloudymind | 2011/01/20

Shingles

I am currently experiencing my second bout of shingles in about 10 years. Also recently, I had some swollen sewat glands under my arm. I believe shingles is caused by a weak immune system. Does this mean I might be HIV positive?

Hallo Cloudymind
No, not necessarily. But if you think you could be at risk of being HIV positive, by all means get yourself tested. One can use antiviral medication for shingles if you start taking it within 48 hours of the first signs of a rash. One can also be vaccinated against shingles. Discuss with your doctor
dr Bets

2
Posted by: cloudymind | 2011/01/21

Thank you for the feedback! How long will this rash last? I am currently on Zellitrex anti-viral. 6 tablets a day. And putting an ointment on the doctor mixed for me. Not very painful, but very uncomfortable.

Reply to cloudymind
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/20

Hallo Cloudymind
dr Bets