Question

Shingles

My father wakes up covered in a rash which is blister like and itches even his mouth and face is swollen. It then dissappears during the course of the day, but is back the next morning. Is this shingles? Is it stressed-related? He left is calming tablet Urbanol 10mg without phasing it out. He is 68.

Dear Anon
It may be related to one of the medications he is taking. Please inform your Gp about this as I think he needs to see a dermatologist as soon as possible. It is not shingles and I doubt if it is stress related if it forms blisters. It is probably a severe form of allergic dermatitis.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/16

Dear Anon
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc