Posted by: JT | 2009-10-30

Goodmorning Doc!

I had a shingles outbreak a the beginnning of this year. Now 6 weeks ago I got the same rash.
But this rash now seems to break out again and again. It started with a small spot, then after 2 weeks fresh pink again bigger, then fresh again to the left and yesterday again bright pink and bigger.
It has the same pain as the previous time and after 3-4 days seem to dry out to the inidivudual spots.
Can shingles break out again and again while the previous spots are still there or could this be something else?

Thank You!

Shingles can re-occur life long. It is especially activated when a person is under stress, has a severe systemic infection or due to sun exposure. I do suggest that your doctor prescribes a course of Zelitrex for a period of two to three weeks. This will not cure Shingles but it will lesson the attack, as well as extend periods between attacks.

You can apply Acyclivar cream to the blistered areas and your doctor can prescribe Neurontion and an opiat like Temgesic for the pain.