Question
Posted by: REBO | 2009/07/01

SHINGLES

I want to know if shingles is caused by HIV.Because I am testing negative and my husband was attacked by shingles in 2006 on the eye.Pls advice

I really don't know, as I am a psychiarist, not an HIV specialist, and you should ask netdoc. As HIV / AIDS by definition reduces the efectivenes of our immune system ( the way our body fights off all infections ) one might be more likely to get any other infection, including shingles. But as people also get shingles ordinarily and even while healthy, having shingles in itself does not suggest someone is HIV positive