Question
Posted by: thulala | 2009/02/19

shingles

My mom has shingles, she went to the clinic and been told its shingles. it is from her hand to her arm right through the shoulder. I am worried it might be related to HIV cause she had a boyfriend and they were not using any protection. How or what can i do for her to do some test because she is telling me that it is stress related.

DearThutala
Not all shingles infections are due to being HIV positive although HIV positive people gets it easier. Does she have any other symptoms of HIV like losing weight, enlarged glands in the neck, under the arms or in the groin, chronic diarrhoea, trush infection in the mouth - if so, I think she needs a test.