Posted by: mom | 2009-01-15

Can you get shingles on the hand? I was in skin contact with a child that had chicken pox - 3 weeks later I started getting very small hard dots under my thunb on my palm. First they were just hard- not so easy to see. Then they became sensitive and little bigger - now it feels like I touched a prickly pear on them and it started breaking out on my thumb knuckle on the outside - they are more obvious. I have been treating the area since the outbreake with a topical homeopathic treatment that I have been using for warts etc. The area on my knuckle looks like it wants to change into small blisters. My palm (under the thumb) burns when I pull the hand straight.

Dear Mom
You can get shingles on the hand or any other part of the body. Rather let your doctor have a look as you may need an antiviral treatment