Posted by: Lisa | 2012-01-15

History: Fell on a brick when I was 7. I am now 24. Was not taken to doc, cos I could still walk. It was always just EXTREMELY sensitive on shinbone. I remember countless times when I would knock the leg by mistake, and I would sit and cry for a minute in excrutiating pain. spend the rest of my life making sure no one and nothing comes near this leg.

Present: I am 24 now, weighing 101kg but I am 1.67 in height. A lump developed. It grew over the years. Its very soft but you can see the buldge on my leg, and obviously very sensitive. My son is 15months old, and in the last 2 years, including pregnancy, my leg would occassionally pain at night without any injury or touching.

The last year I would have moments when I when I limp when I walk because of the pain.

A month ago I kept getting out of bath, and then extreme pain would occur and now eventually my leg just gave in. Cannot walk on it at all.

Went to public hospital, just sent me home with voltarens.

Went to specialist once off when I had money, and he said it looks like a lump with nerve endings that grew through it.

On xray bone seems fine. Took ultrasound, not a blood clot.

Now im bed ridden, cant use a wheelchair, or crutches cos if my leg is straight up in position, it feels like there is a person hanging and pulling on whatever is below the knee, just above lump. My lump is half way down my shinbone. And also seems like there might ne inflammation, cos the tissure around the lump and below my knee BURNS, feels likes someone is holding a lighter to my leg.

I have heard of Osgoods scatter disease? I have also heard of shibone splints?

I am clueless and helpless, cant use wheelchair or crutches, I use an old computer chair thats very low, that helps my leg be in a position similar to being in bed cos it seems like my legs weight is too heavy and on a waiting list at public hospital.

And also any tips on preventing bone diseases and problems in the future, especialy since ive been obese and not looking after myself. Vitamins? exercises?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Lisa
The best would be for you to get a second opinion as I just know too little about you and have no idea why you are bedridden. Walking is the best exercise and maybe you can start off with short distance if you can.